Maximize gas mileage and power, and increase the overall life of your vehicle, with regular tune-ups. Tune-ups should happen at least every 60,000 miles or every two years, depending on the age and mileage of the car. A tune-up here at our Columbia, Mo shop makes sure that often overlooked “little things” work correctly and get replaced if needed.
Here is a typical car tune-up:
- Replace the fuel filter. Filters get clogged with particles and it can decrease the car’s efficiency and power.
- Change the spark plugs and check the plug wires. Bad plugs or wires lead to mileage inefficiency, loss of power, and rough starts. We’ll want to make sure you get new plugs and replace old wires.
- Replace distributor cap and rotor. Some cars do not come with these items, but if you have them, we can replace them.
- Check ignition system and timing. Older vehicles rely on ignition timing.
- Belts are an important part of the tune-up. We check all your belts and replace them if we see signs of wear and tear.
- Check all fluids and top off any levels.
- Change oil and filter if needed.
- Check and replace air filter.
- Service battery. Clean cables, add distilled water, and clean terminals.
The car tune-up process and service may vary from car to car or based on time since your last tune-up service. Prices may also vary based on your vehicle and selected services.
For your next tune-up, e-mail, call, or come down to the shop here at 721 W Sexton Rd. in Columbia, MO and set an appointment.